Friday, March 22, 2013

Get your kicks...!

Good Friday Evening from Needles, CA!

It was a MUCH better day - thank you all for praying for us!!!! The wind went away, for the most part, and our gas mileage was MUCH better. We didn't turn the car off until we stopped to unload, then stopped for dinner - and it started both times! HALLELUJAH! The car had a much easier day, even though we went way up and way down on elevation - started at over 6000, ended up at about 450!

It was a GOOD day. The morning, especially, was really easy driving. This afternoon, we decided to stop in a little town one of Kenn's friends had told him to stop in, Seligman, Arizona. We couldn't figure out WHY - it was out in the middle of nowhere, literally.

OH, was it a cute town! The reason we got off the interstate in the first place was to take Kenn's picture at the advertised Roadkill Cafe for his friend. :D But it was SO CUTE!!! AND - you guess, ON ROUTE 66!!!!

There was so much to take photos of - great old signs and cars. It was pretty quiet in town, so we stopped up and down the "strip" to take photos. :) Here's Kenn, taking a photo of an old colorful car! :D


We spent about a half-hour there; I bought a new hat to wear. :D I splurged, but it was worth it to me. :D I've been wearing my OR Coast hat to travel in, so I don't have to worry about what my hair looks like. I think I'll start a collection of "beach hair hats". :D I've got two now. :D

We changed our last time zone, so we're on Pacific time now. We got here early in the afternoon for them; we ate dinner, and we're checking email, etc., now - getting business out of the way. BTW, if you ever have a reason to come to Needles, CA, I recommend the Rodeway Inn. It's a great rate and a nice property, and easy to find. We're going to enjoy the outdoor hot tub tonight - it was 85 degrees here today!

Please keep your prayers going - what a difference in today! :) Tomorrow, we go to visit Kenn's daughter. It will be so great to see her again - it's been a LONG time for me!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment