Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What a wonderful week!

How do you sum up a week of time with family? A week of laughter and giggles, of crafting and kisses? A week of smiles and tears, a week of sharing meals and memories?

We had a wonderful time, although poor Kenn has been really suffering with his hay fever and allergies. We had beautiful weather for most of the week; my oldest nephew caught a fish and decided to release it - but being the ONLY one to catch a fish did great things for him. :) Most of the kids did crafts with me on three of the mornings together - they are so creative in different ways, it was great fun to watch them work on their projects.

We three sisters had our only chance to just be US Tuesday night; we laughed and cried, shared joy and grief over the loss of my nephew, and plotted and planned. It was a miraculous, incredible few hours. I am SO blessed to have them as sisters AND friends. God has been SO good to me!

We had a wonderful week with my family, and spent the last two days in Oklahoma with Kenn's family - and it was wonderful to get to visit his Aunt Alice. She's sharp as a tack, even though she's over 90. She is absolutely AMAZING. And we stayed with David and Sheila, his cousin and his wife. We got to see lots of cousins! :) A great family.

SOOOOO blessed. Tonight, Kenn and I are in Shamrock, TX. Tomorrow night, we'll be in Sudan, TX, with my college roommate, Rhonda. We're having a good trip, but the allergens are still bad for both of us. It will be good to get to the beach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment